Wednesday, May 5, 2010

1066 game (http://y8.com/games/1066)

The game was about reinacting the 3 main battles fought in the year 1066(when three different people wanted to be kings of England). I enjoyed the game because it let you control all three teams. you had full control and could make shield walls, boarsnouts, you could outflank them and fire arrows at them it. It felt good when you one and you actually had to think about what to do.
The game also tought about the time period and what critical decisions Leaders needed to do. In the game you needed to decide to either charge the enemy or wait in a shield wall. The 3 leaders would probably also have to do those decisions. I also learned how the battle field changed the fighting. For example at the battle of Hastings there was a big hill so my arrows couldn't reach them but theres could reach me. I had to run up and down to get them to follow them. Then i could kill them. William of Normandy did the same at the battle of Hastings to fiunally grab the throne of England. That is why this was a very useful game. I could compare my strategies to the actuall strategies. I could test it and see it in actions which is much more fun than a textbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment